Thursday, February 14, 2013

St.Valentine's Day in Finland

While the world today celebrates love, in Finland February 14 is celebrated largely as the Friends' Day - 'Ystävänpäivä'. 
I wrote shortly about this issue last year, so today I will focus on the romantic side of St.Valentine's Day by sharing photos I took few days ago in Helsinki. 
I had no idea, that in Helsinki harbour on the way to Katajanokka there is a bridge with the love padlocks.
I found in internet information from year 2010 that the City of Helsinki has no intention of removing the padlocks, 
so I see that this custom is not so new here. 
I find these padlocks charming and wish especially today good luck for their owners:-)

  Happy Valentine's Day to All! 




1 comment:

  1. Hm, Friends" Day, lovely! It's much better, especially for those, who haven't found their Love yet and can't stand all those red hearts, kisses and happines expressed by couples happily in love. All in all, Happy Valentine's Day for you, Magda:)

    ReplyDelete